There are basic rules of SEO that you can achieve yourself without spending a further penny.
The most important of these are:
- Optimize your site as you design. Domain name, Site Title, Page Titles, Image alt text, Header Tags to name but a few. There are many inputs of relevant data for the search engines to score your site.
- Use the fields in your eCommerce products effectively, tags help people find your products, keywords are for search engines.
- Key Phrases can be more beneficial than Keywords. There is debate at the moment whether google are making this redundant. Don’t believe all you read.
- Create a Google Webmaster account then open an Analytics account using the same login. You will need to submit a sitemap.xml and url and, you will need to put a tracking code on your website.
- Submit your site to www.dmoz.org…..the Holy Grail of site submission where all other search engines go to for refreshment.
- Get this book and take your time digesting the logic – SEO for Dummies, it’s actually the most informative and least jargonistic I have seen so far.
Please contact us for more information on basic, organic SEO.